On Wed, Apr 08, 2020 at 07:59:45AM -0400, Mark H. Wood wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 09:18:37PM -0500, Derek Martin wrote:
> > I've said it before--I too would love a mutt-based (or mutt-similar)
> > GUI mail client.  Frankly, no matter how much I love Mutt (and you
> > know I do), trying to make the case that Mutt's handling of modern,
> > every-day common e-mail messages is anything but clunky and backward
> > is insane.
>
> Go ahead and call me crazy, then.  For me, Mutt's handling of modern,
> every-day common e-mail messages is a feature.  It strips away all of
> the distracting, intelligence-free clutter and lets me *read the
> message*.

Except increasingly, because of how typical users use e-mail, it
doesn't.  That's entirely the problem.  And you can say it's their
fault, and technically that's right, but it doesn't matter in
practice, if you NEED to read their messages and can't (easily).

> If I were condemned to use only one of those gooey-fied MUAs, I would
> be working on a plugin to configure-off all of the formatting, gather
> the attachments into a menu to be viewed or ignored as I choose, pop
> up an "are you sure?" dialog before following links, and generally
> make it more like Mutt.

But that is exactly what I'm advocating for/want.  A MUTT gui.  Maybe
when I retire, I'll write one...

-=-=-=-=-