I have a small script to handle PDF (among other) attachments which is
called via mailcap.

The mailcap entry is simply:-

    application/pdf;  /home/chris/bin/muttfox %s

The muttfox script gives the PDF file to firefox to be viewed.

This works fine *except* when there are spaces in the filename,
something is changing the spaces in the filename to underscores before
the name is handed to muttfox in the %s parameter.

I have checked by simply putting "echo $1 >/tmp/mffn" as the first
line of the script.

When I hit 'v' in mutt I see (for example) :-

    -- Mutt: Attachments
    ->   I     1 <no description>           [text/html, quoted, utf-8, 15K]
         A     2 Your policy documents.pdf      [applica/pdf, base64, 772K]

But in /tmp/mffn there is:-

    chris$ more /tmp/mffn
    /tmp/Your_policy_documents.pdf

So what is changing the spaces to underscores?  Does mutt do it and,
if so, is there a parameter setting to change what it does?

If I simply s[ave] the PDF file from mutt I get the filename with
spaces in it, the change is something to do with how mutt and mailcap
interact (I guess).

--
Chris Green