Hello there,

I am newbie for Mutt (even for bash). I would like to know how to limit
fetching number of mails because it is impossible to complete fetching within
the set period of time (imap keep alive 300 seconds). I am using IMAP, not
POP3. To seek this error, I wish to distinguish the several possible reasons.
One is just coming from too many mails in my server. The other is coming from
my simple mistake in .muttrc descriptions (e.g., “imap” instead of “imaps” and
so on..). If one can limit the number of fetching mails, the initial process
could finish within so-called a keep-alive time. What does this MUA copy to the
local environment in the IMAP mode? Is this only subject? It would be of great
help if someone could advice me.

Thanks in advance,

Ishihama