Hi all,

I upgraded my email tool chain recently to the latest versions of
mutt/gpg/gpgme etc. and now S/MIME signing and encrypting no longer works. The
bad part is, going back to the previous executables also no longer works, so
I'm wondering whether gpg has updated some files in an incompatible way? There
were no changes to my mutt or gpg config files (other than trivial ones like
adding a hook).

An attempt to sign or encrypt is met by an error message from mutt:

error encrypting data: Connection timed out?

I've tried with debugging and -d5, but it is no help. All I know is that this
is somehow related to the gpgme interface as the message is from crypt-gpgme.c.

Encrypting and signing with pgp/mime continues to work fine.

Old tool versions: mutt-1.14.6 gnupg-2.2.20 gpgme-1.13.1 libgcrypt-1.8.5.
New: gnupg-2.2.21 gpgme-1.14.0 libgcrypt-1.8.6

Any ideas?