On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 03:45:32PM +0000, Globe Trotter via Mutt-users wrote:
> I am new to mutt, and have sidebar enabled and a list of my folders to the
> left. I can go down the list of the folders, using my keyboard. But I can not
> figure out how to get into them directly (after highlighting them). Is there
> a way? Right now, I am reduced to typing c -> =foldername and then going to
> the list. Kind of makes the sidebar not at all useful for me so I am thinking
> that there must be a better value for the sidebar folders.

Welcom another newbie. :-)
You're not using mutt to send to the list, what a pity. :-)

There is no key to got to the sidebar,
you have to exec the sidebar-* functions,
you can bind some keys to them.

Here are my bindings:
bind index,pager B sidebar-toggle-visible
bind index,pager \CN sidebar-next
bind index,pager \CP sidebar-prev
bind index,pager \CF sidebar-first
bind index,pager \CL sidebar-last
bind index,pager \CO sidebar-open

> Btw, after using mutt for two 2 days, it has been a lot of fun. (The initial
> frustration has worn out.) Thanks to all the developers and also the members
> of the users list for their very helpful answers and directions!

It's fun to me, I use it to read tons of emails,
and even huge newsgroups, the headers cache make mutt very fast!

--
kevin