On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 03:23:20AM -0500, Philippe Meunier wrote:
> raf wrote:
>> for mail delivered locally, procmail could do it.
>
> procmail is not a good option anymore, and has not been for a while
> now:
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=141634350915839

Debian continues to make security/maintenance patches to Procmail:

https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/p/procmail/procmail_3.22-26_changelog

So, I hear of lots of people still using it on Debian and derivatives.
But yes, avoid excessively old/unpatched versions of Procmail.

Maildrop is a popular alternative.

--
A: When it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: When is top-posting a bad thing?

()  ASCII ribbon campaign. Please avoid HTML emails & proprietary
/\  file formats. (Why? See e.g. https://v.gd/jrmGbS ). Thank you.