I use multiple space separated labels using only one X-label field to
locally to classify my emails. I limit them with ~y and made some
scripts to assign/edit them.

Regards,
Luis

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 03:42:07PM +0100, Marcus C. Gottwald wrote:

> Dear fellow Mutt users,
>
> I have incoming email messages which get multiple labels assigned
> by "procmail" piping through "formail -A", adding an "X-Label"
> header line for each label.
>
> Mutt fetches those email messages via IMAP and appears to be
> looking at only the last X-Label header line when (a) formatting
> the index using the "%y" selector in "index_format" and
> (b) limiting using the "~y" pattern. (I'm using Mutt from current
> Debian stable, i.e. version 1.10.1.)
>
> What's the recommended way to deal with multiple labels assigned
> to an email message? Can I make Mutt look at the values of all
> X-Label header lines? Should I change the procmail recipes to
> append (or prepend) additional labels to an existing X-Label
> header line instead of adding new lines? When using multiple
> labels in a single X-Label header line, are there any advantages
> in using a specific delimiter (space, comma, ...)?
>
> Cheers, Marcus
>
> --
>    Marcus C. Gottwald  ·  <m...@cheers.de>  ·  @mcg:cheers.de

W. Luis Mochán,                      | tel:(52)(777)329-1734     /<(*)
Instituto de Ciencias Físicas, UNAM  | fax:(52)(777)317-5388     `>/   /\
Av. Universidad s/n CP 62210         |                           (*)/\/  \
Cuernavaca, Morelos, México          | moc...@fis.unam.mx   /\_/\__/
GPG: 791EB9EB, C949 3F81 6D9B 1191 9A16  C2DF 5F0A C52B 791E B9EB