On Sat, Jan 02, 2021 at 09:03:25PM -0800, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
> I think I've seen Mutt get confused about this when $folder is set to
> something like
>   set folder="imaps://mx.sdf.org/INBOX"
>
> $imap_delim_chars is initially set to "/." and I think it tries to shorten
> $record to "=Sent", but later re-expand it, which adds the server delimiter
> of "/".

This isn't true in my case, as I have $folder set to a local directory,
so $record is unrelated to $folder.  At any rate, setting $folder to
"imaps://mx.sdf.org/" doesn't help.

But you gave me an idea to set $imap_delim_chars to "/", and this fixed
the issue!

I still don't understand the use of $imap_delim_chars or why the default
is "/.".  Muttrc(5) says "it helps in usings the '=' shortcut for your
folder variable," which I don't get.  Perhaps someone can explain?