> On Sunday, February 14, 2021, 6:34:28 AM CST, Remco Rijnders
> <re...@webconquest.com> wrote:

> Also, search http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/ for 'wrap' and see if any of the
> mentioned settings might explain what you are seeing.

Thanks, I think that I have tracked the source of my problem. Fedora 33 (my
favorite distribution, which however, has not updated mutt for aeons) had an
update for vim recently, and it is possible that this brought in changes.
Removing vim which I do not use "solves" this issue, however, I have found that
the new vim has different colors for e-mail addresses/links etc in the editor
which I like so I will have to see if I can make vi display different colors
for links, e-mail addresses, indentations, etc while typing the e-mail in vi
mode.