On 2021/04/07 18:03, Cameron Simpson wrote:

Just tried it on the satellite link with an overnight load of messages,
normally a 10 minute exercise with getmail (give or take). 411 messages,
8.5 seconds.

Nice.

...regexps...are appalling for email addresses. When testing addresses, my filer does a correct address parse and compares the inner component (eg "c...@cskk.id.au" from "Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>"), and can do set membership tests on that eg "is this address in this group?".
I agree that regexps on raw header values are not good enough for addresses, and that parsing and some kind of custom matching is the way to go. Set membership sounds useful.