On 2021-08-01, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Jude DaShiell <jdash...@panix.com> [07-31-21 23:34]:
>> If memory serves, w3m can use av package if installed to allow it to view
>> pictures.  I've only read about this never having been able to look at
>> pictures.
>> On Sat, 31 Jul 2021, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
>> > Has anyone succesfully configured mutt to give a roughly equivalent
>> > view of html emails using w3m or other
>> > browser in text console with direct-fb or other?
> w3m is configuragle to display images, "auto_image=TRUE"

Not exactly what was asked, but I use this mailcap to view image
attachments:

image/png; img2sixel -- %s | less -r; nametemplate=%s.png; needsterminal

It uses the sixel support in xterm (or any other terminal that supports
sixels) to display images in the terminal. I think you just need
something like this in .Xresources to enable it in xterm:

XTerm*decTerminalID: vt382

Tavis.

--
 _o)            $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
 /\\  _o)  _o)  $ finger tav...@sdf.org