I've always just run my own (Linux) email server locally in my home
office, but my current Internet service is soon going to be going away
and I was wondering if it would make sense to move to some sort of
mail-hosting company as part of reorganizing my network setup.

So on the theory that there are likely to be other users of advanced
email-server functionality among the Mutt folks, I thought I would ask
here to see if anyone has recommendations for mail hosting services that
target neither "consumer" nor "enterprise" clients, but somewhere in the
middle (and which play nicely with Mutt and other IMAP clients)?

For example, a service that allows unlimited "aliases" for a set of
domains, pointing to a handful of "user mailboxes" which actually
receive email?

Or alternatively some service that queues incoming Internet mail for my
domains and then allows the queued email to be fetched by my local mail
server for local delivery (thus avoiding having an open SMTP port on my
home connection to the Internet)?

(I currently host a few domains and deliver mail to ~5 users via hundreds
of aliases....)

Thanks for any ideas I should consider.

                                                Nathan