On 03/11/2021 00:44, Will Yardley wrote:
On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 10:55:46AM +0000, lejeczek via Mutt-users wrote:
I'm fiddling with mutt first time and I'm trying to hook into Microsoft
which I limited by my org - I cannot generate any app passwords.
I wondered if it would work with/via "authenticator app" where MS generates
"Account name" & "Secret key".
Good luck. I can say that, even in an org where they ended up letting me
create an "application", it still didn't work because they also had IMAP
disabled.

So you may want to check if your org has disabled legacy (read:
"Internet standard") protocols.

In my case it's only authentication part, but that is not a good news in any way as all fails right there.

The whole concept eludes me if I am honest, completely.
I see Thunderbird, Spring and perhaps more email clients work for my email account - that without setting any app passwords in advance and without 'app passwords' available to my Exchange/Office account, yet Mutt cannot do that. I cannot wrap my head around and I can only wonde is that the limitation of technology or Mutts code and/or design... and if there are plans for future improvements specifically for that?

thanks, L