Dear friends,

I finally and successfully moved my work email to mutt a few months ago and it
has been working all right so far, but for two of my unresolved issues which I
would like to finally address, with some help and advice.

My second issue is on improving search abilities, but I want to first resolve
the first issue which is that I would like to be able to use mutt for all my
work e-mail, and this will handle the sending mail aspect through postfix. This
is what my current setup does and this works, but it only works for my work
email and sending from there.

For my personal email addresses (two in number), I want to have the following
setup:

1. Use mutt's in-built sendmail to send emails from here. From here:
https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/-/wikis/MuttFaq/Sendmail
I think I know what to do for these personal emails. Specifically, I can do the
following:

set smtp_url="smtp://yourusern...@smtp.example.com:587/"
set smtp_pass="Your1!Really2@AweSome3#Password"

(copied from there). But what do I do about the work email that uses postfix?

2. I want e-mails in a few folders (basically the ones attached to mailing
lists) to use a specific account. For example, I have a folder called mutt, and
I would like to be able to use this email address that I am using to be my
account whenever I send emails from this folder. Otherwise, I would like emails
sent to a specific account also be responded to from that account.

Now, I know that the way to go about doing all this is using hooks (which I
have only some basic familiarity with now), but I am a bit lost as to how to go
about doing the above, and looking around

Can someone please point me to some resources, or advice on how to go about
doing this?

I use fetchmail and procmail to get email into folders and so imap, etc is not
important to me: I guess i am old-school.

Thanks for any advice you are able to give, and my best wishes,
Ranjan