* Piet <pl...@posteo.eu> [2022-02-19 00:17]:
> Dear List,
>
> I use Mutt with two external imap accounts.
> At the moment the only thing I miss by using Mutt is to filter and move
> emails to local folders.
> To be honest, I red a lot of howtos but do not understand, how to
> deal with folders.

That is exactly what I do all the time, I read IMAP and save to
Maildir.

I think these are main settings on my side to save it as Maildir:

set folder=/home/data1/protected/Maildir
set mbox_type=Maildir

# Save by email address
set save_name=yes
set save_address=yes

The above makes sure that I save emails by the correspondent's email
addres, if correspondent is per...@example.com then it gets saved in
~/Maildir/per...@example.com

and then all conversations sent to per...@example.com and received
from per...@example.com may be easily found in
~/Maildir/per...@example.com

I have set one key to open all previous conversations related to the
per...@example.com easily

> First of all I like to save emails from external imap accounts to a
> local maildir folder.  But I do not want to use additional software
> like mbsync or offlineimap.

One by one or tagged emails, all that can be saved as explained above.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman