On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 01:13:56PM -0600, Ion wrote:
On 20/02/2022 12:37, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
Are you sure you have a "Sent" folder on your mail.messagingengine.com
account, that you can access and write to?

Well if I don't have access to it why does...

:~> echo "" | mutt -s "subject" -i file.txt ionm...@gmx.us" work when it
uses the same .muttrc file?

Fcc'ing to an IMAP mailbox is not supported in batch mode. So the batch mode send is not trying to record the sent message to '+Sent'.

On Fastmail, for instance, the correct setting is:
  set record = "+Sent Items"
but perhaps their 'pobox' users are configured differently.

I changed it to "+Sent Items".  Nothing changed.

Did you check that you have a "Sent" or "Sent Items" folder, that you can access and write to? Perhaps you could try another mailbox that you are sure exists and you can write to?

It may also be useful to run mutt in debug mode, e.g. with '-d 2' as an argument. If it's compiled with debug mode, that will generate a file, ~/.muttdebug0 with commands sent to the SMTP and IMAP servers. Perhaps that will give a clue as to where the error is coming from.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy