Hi Kevin,

Am Montag, den 11. April 2022 um 10:33:57 Uhr (-0700) schrieb Kevin
J. McCarthy:

> That's the part that makes no sense to me.  Simply unsetting and
> resetting "sign" will just display the value of $pgp_sign_as.  Did
> something else happen in your workflow?

It's getting clearer thanks to your explanations: I was unaware of the
difference of s/mime and pgp signing. The mail, I replied to was
signed with s/mime, so replying to it set signing to (S/MIME). When
unsetting and resetting it in my reply it gets set to (PGP/MIME), the
key is set correctly and it works. It's not even possible to select
s/(m)ime when selecting the encryption type manually even though it's
displayed in the selection menu.

Setting the smime_default_key to my Hex number in .muttrc results in
the error, that a key of this hex number isn't found. I probably
should either disable s/mime encryption altogether in a way that it
doesn't even get chosen automatically when replying to a s/mime signed
mail or set up s/mime encryption correctly, but at least now I know
why it's failing.

> Also, what version of Mutt are you using?

Mutt 2.2.2 (aa28abe8) (2022-03-25) on Arch Linux.

--
Orm