Hi,

I just realized that one of the IMAP servers I'm using is sending an "OK
[ALERT]" untagged status response after connecting to it:

$ openssl s_client -connect imaps.some.where.com:993
CONNECTED(00000003)
[...]
SSL-Session:
[...]
    Verify return code: 0 (ok)
---
* OK imaps.some.where.com Zimbra IMAP4rev1 server ready
* OK [ALERT] Your mail server's license is missing, invalid or expired.

My question is not why that IMAP server is sending that (I already
contacted the sysadmin of the server about it), and mutt seems to work fine
anyway despite that alert message.  My question is just: why doesn't mutt
display that alert message to the user?

A quick look at the code seems to show that mutt handles CAPABILITY,
PERMANENTFLAGS, UIDVALIDITY, UIDNEXT, HIGHESTMODSEQ, NOMODSEQ, as well as
READ-ONLY and TRYCREATE, but apparently not ALERT.  Is there any special
reason for that?

Section 7.1 of RFC3501 shows that, in addition to ALERT, there are also a
few more response codes that mutt doesn't handle.

Best,

Philippe