On Thu, Sep 01, 2022 at 08:11:50AM +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
The essential problem is that I run a separate mutt instance using "mutt
-H" on a copy of my message template. The manual does say that
$text_flowed has no effect then, but I seem to have no other way to
apply the needed header - adding it by hand during composition is
ineffective.

I _might_ do better adding it to the copy before starting the separate
mutt; I'll see if that works.

I think this may work best for you, if the my_hdr approach doesn't work.

Content-Type and other MIME headers aren't included in the "edit headers" generated headers, and they aren't parsed afterwards either.

If you haven't played with it before, you might also look into background editing and the contrib/bgedit-screen-tmux.sh script. See <http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#bgedit>.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy