Hi,

after Chris Green's and Cameron Simpson's helpful advice regarding HTML
messages, I dare to post another mailcap question.

My mailcap contains the following lines:

application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document;
~/.mutt/view_attachment %s "-"
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document; pandoc
--from docx --to markdown %s; copiousoutput

where view_attachment is a modified version of Chris' script. .muttrc
contains

auto_view text/html
application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document

to take advantage of the mailcap search order[1]. The idea is to display
the pandoc-generated markdown with view-attach and open LibreOffice with
view-mailcap.

But Word attachments are always opened with LibreOffice. Is there any
way to achieve the intended (different) behavior for view-attach and
view-mailcap?

A related question: On a macOS system with mutt installed via Homebrew,
the mime.types file missing, and mutt would display Word attachments as
text ("No matching mailcap entry found. Viewing as text."). I fixed this
by copying ~/.mime.types from another system, but according to the mutt
docs, a mime.types file is supposed to be provided with mutt[2]. Why
wasn't it present in my case?

- Jan

  [1]: http://mutt.org/doc/manual/#advanced-mailcap
  [2]: http://mutt.org/doc/manual/#mime-types