On Mon, Nov 07, 2022 at 11:11:33PM -0000, Jeffery Small wrote:
I have a script that fires up mutt in an xfce4-terminal window.  In my ksh
shell .kshrc file, I use stty to disable (undef) the stop (^S) and start
(^Q) characters.  However, when I run mutt as follows:

xfce4-terminal <various options> -e /usr/local/bin/mutt &

I find that the stop/start characters remain active.  I have tried adding
multiple -e options to xfce4-terminal to disable the chars before running
mutt, but with no luck.

Is there some method to disable these keys in .muttrc which is processed
inside the running terminal?  I've looked for a something that will execute
a command in the current shell (rather than a sub-shell) but see nothing.

I'm guessing that this is a simple problem, and I'm missing the forest
for the trees.

There is no option in .muttrc, but here's what I do for st:

st -t mutt -e sh -c 'stty dsusp undef ; exec mutt'

Christopher