On Monday, November 14, 2022 at 10:30:01 -0600, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

I am sure that this is possible, but I can not figure out how to attach files
from another email to my current email that I would like those emails attached
to. Typically, I simply save each attachment locally, and then include it,
which seems unnecessary and so I suspect that it is possible to directly add an
attachment from an email in one of my mail-folders.

You can select the attachments you want from one source message, then reply (r) or forward (f) and mutt will ask whether to attach them to the new message.

Or you can automate the process you describe above using a macro. :-) Then you can use it multiple times on all the attachments you need from arbitrary messages to attach them to the new message (which can stay postponed waiting for attachments).

HTH.

Mihai