On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 07:06:14PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:
On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 06:45:04PM +0100, Chris Green wrote:

I'll try to narrow this down further by trying a very short list of
mailing list names.

After a bit of chopping and changing the list of addresses in 'lists'
I finally spotted my problem.  Totally my fault, my program that
generates the list doesn't handle quoted addresses properly so there
was an unclosed quote in the list of addresses.  Not surprisingly that
stopped things working.

The source file for the lists on the old system running mutt 1.10.1
hadn't got the quoted address in it (yet) so the error didn't appear
there.

Great news, I'm glad you were able to figure out the problem!

I actually did touch the lists and subscribe code in between those releases, so I started scrambling to find the bug. I'm glad to hear it turned out to be a script error. :)

As a followup, the 'subscribe' command also adds to 'lists', so there is no need to have the same mailing list sent to both of those commands.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy