On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 08:03:26PM -0400, John Hawkinson wrote:
José María Mateos <ch...@rinzewind.org> wrote on Thu, 18 May 2023
at 19:53:50 EDT in <zga6jlqyqibpe...@rinzewind.org>:

2. If I'm not convinced by that version, press some key and then text/html is
displayed inline (using
w3m, lynx, links, or whatever in the ~/.mailcap file).

Well, some key *sequence* is: 'v', 'j', 'j', RET
assuming that it's a normal multipart/alternative with two parts so two
down-arrows ('j') get you to the 2nd part.

That works (I have to remove a "bind attach <Return> view-mailcap" I have in my .muttrc), but opens the view outside of the pager. Would there be a way to have that inside the pager, as one would normally get when prioritizing text/html in alternative_order?

Or alternatively, you could create a macro to do the same, although I'm not
sure it's worth the bother?

A member of the list provided a macro to open the first HTML attachment on Firefox and I've been using it for a while.

macro index,pager ,b "<view-attachments>/html<enter><view-mailcap><exit>" "View
first HTML attachment in browser"

I guess something similar could be done here.

Cheers!

--
José María (Chema) Mateos || https://rinzewind.org