Hi

I would also like to disable the S/MIME signature check. I have no use for it. And "Invoking S/MIME..." takes 25 seconds before failing with "S/MIME signature could NOT be verified."

I do use OpenPGP. So disabling "crypt_use_gpgme" is not an option for me, same for changing "crypt_verify_sig".

In the old thread from 2018, Kevin J. McCarthy proposed this:

However, you could try set smime_verify_command="" (along with
smime_verify_opaque_command and smime_decrypt_command).

But this does not work. According to muttrc(5) the default value for these three options is already "", and I am not setting them anywhere.

So: How can I disable the S/MIME signature check while still using GPGME for OpenPGP?

Thanks