Today, after working for years, my IMAP connection to Dreamhost has started hanging when I attempt to send an email, showing a message like: "Sending message... 0K/0.4K (0%)".

This is mutt version 1.13.2. I have asked Dreamhost support, today, if they will update the version of mutt, but I'm not holding my breath. I suppose I could try to compile it myself in my non-root user account. I don't know how feasible that would be.

I have also asked Dreamhost support if they can let me know what, if any, configuration changes they have made either on their IMAP server or on the login host I'm using to run mutt.

Eventually the imap connection times out. It seems that the email is actually sent! Even if I kill the mutt process soon after it hangs.

Any suggestions for configuration changes I could try in my .muttrc to resolve this issue?

Here's what I'm using:

set spoolfile="{arenson\@spatzel....@imap.dreamhost.com/ssl}INBOX"
set smtp_url=smtps://aren...@spatzel.net:$imap_p...@smtp.dreamhost.com:465
set ssl_force_tls = yes
set tmpdir=mutttmp
set certificate_file=~/.mutt/certificates
set imap_keepalive = 10

Andy

--
Andrew D. Arenson (he/him)                              H 317.964.0493
arenson (at) spatzel.net                                C 317.679.4669