Hello,

I want to be able to use the features that Jasic
provides such as content management with easy database
integration. I have a Struts-based webapp that I
already began designing.

The webapp will basically be an online community tool
and an information site for a non-profit organization.
So far this is what I have:

Two sub-apps:
/ROOT: The main sub-application is here where the main
page, user authentication, user registration features
reside.
  Actions:
    signup.do
    saveSignup.do
    editProfile.do
    saveProfile.do
    login.do
    logout.do
    index.do
    gotoMain.do
    setLocale.do
/ROOT/catalog: This is the catalog sub-application
where users can order books, videos, etc.
  Actions:
    showCategories.do
    showItems.do
    addToCart.do
    checkout.do
    order.do

More sub-apps are to be added.

The Model:
Basically I have a three sql database tables so far:
  Users: Holds information about the user such as
name, email, username, etc. and also have foreignkeys
to Addresses and Preferences tables
  Addresses: default, shipping, and a billing address
for each user
  Preferences: user's preferences of how to view the
site such as what language to view it in

These tables are mapped to three objects named User,
Address, Preferences at run-time using the Jakarta
sub-project OJB. A UserDAO object provides the
interface to conveniently pull out information
regarding a user. All you have to do is call
UserDAO.getUser(username).

Security:
Tomcat's JDBCRealm is utilized. Each user has a role.
The actions that have security constraints are
login.do, editProfile.do, saveProfile.do,
addToCart.do, checkout.do, order.do. All other actions
are available to anybody.

The View:
This is the most immature part of the application.
Basic JSP pages with struts-html, struts-bean, and
struts-logic tags compose the view tier. The interface
is very simple and is only used for testing the Model
and the Controller so far. A View framework needs to
be implemented. The view pages are:
in /ROOT:
  footer.html
  header.html
  index.jsp
  editProfile.jsp
  logon.jsp
  main.jsp
  signup.jsp
  signupSuccess.jsp
  welcome.jsp
in /ROOT/catalog:
  categories_sidebar.jsp
  checkoutConfirm.jsp
  footer.html
  footer.jsp
  header.html
  headerWithCart.jsp
  order.jsp
  shoppingCart.jsp
  showCategories.jsp
  showitems.jsp
  thankyou.jsp

I can provide you with more details if you want to
know more about a specific part of the webapp.

My questions are: How should I start migrating this
webapp to a Jasic environment? Can my Action classes
be directly migrated to Jasic and work or do they need
to be modified in a Jasic-specific way? What about my
JSPs? I need to add portlets to my JSPs to design a
nice interface. Is what I have now that utilizes the
struts tag libraries of any value in a Jasic
environment?

Thanks,
Mete Kural