1st answer is what ever community makes it is what it will be.
I hope that it stays a kit that does the job 80% of the way, for 80%
of the verticals.

On features, I think it might already do more than JetSpeed.

v.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Mete Kural <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My understanding of basicPortal so far is that it is a
> framework on top of a framework (Struts). It extends
> the Struts Model-View-Controller by providing some
> practical extensions and encourages this pattern:
>
> Beans + DAO + RDBMS  for Model
> Portlets (Tiles)     for View
> Modules (TilesModule) for Controller
>
> JetSpeed claims to be an out-of-the-box portal
> solution. My understanding of basicPortal so far is
> that it doesn't claim to be out-of-the-box, but rather
> give the user the flexibility to extend it however
> he/she likes. So the keyword is customize & use.
>
> Please tell me if I'm off cause I probably am.
>
> Thanks,
> Mete

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/ySSFAA/NhFolB/TM