Thanks Lisa.  The list was set to Active.  Changing it to All did the
trick.  However, as I like to keep my completed items visible for 10
days in my outline, I had to add another line to the advanced filter
to hide the Completed items.

I have to admit, I had not really noticed the Active / vs. All option
before.

Cheers,

Phil.