Good news, I found a workaround / solution! If you install Internet
Explorer 7 in to your bottle, one of the components it installs will
allow for MLO Cloud Sync to work. Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly
which component it is.

I tried these packages individually, but they didn't solve the
problem:
- MS XML Parser 6.0SP1
- Windows OLE Components

Then I installed IE7. My install didn't even complete, but it
installed a suite of components before trying to install IE7. It's too
late in the eve to figure out exactly which item it was. I've got a
bunch of new TrueType fonts, 3 versions of MS XML Parser, Flash 10
ActiveX control, and CrossOver HTML engine. I'm guessing it's not a
TrueType font...