The problem with the folder approach (and the flags approach too - thanks,
Lisa) is that a) I have an outline structure that works well for me when
planning stuff (which I still need to do) BUT...

moving stuff from the Inbox to the outline is truly dreadful (what happened
to the multiple windows on the same file feature which would have made this
so much easier?)

AND the parsing method for allocating flags just doesn't work for me - I
need something visual.  Again if we had multiple tabs so you could just go
to a particular tab with a particular view/filter and add a task there and
have MLO assign certain flags/contexts/whatever, this would be so much
better.

This is turning into a bit of a winge (Brit expression for moan/expression
of frustration) at the lack of any new features in the Desktop in the last
year or so.   I know that having mobile versions of MLO is really important
to its long term survival and so have kept quiet but it would be good to see
some movement here in the near future.