I recently authored a post titled, "Start Date occasionally disappears
on recurring tasks". The essence of this post was that from time-to-
time a recurring task completed on the iPhone incorrectly ends up with
a start date equal to "none".

I decided to create a separate post as I may be closer to figuring out
under what circumstances this event occurs.

Today, I completed a recurring task on my iPhone that had a start and
due date equal to today's date. The task was set to recur 120 days
after it is completed. After completing it in the Active Actions view
on my iPhone, the task recurred to 6/13/2012 (start and due dates) as
expected. I then immediately synced my iPhone with the Cloud, and then
synced my desktop with the Cloud. I then viewed the task on my
desktop. The Due Date was correct, but the Start Date had been changed
to 5/16/1900 (5848 weeks lead time). I then looked at the same task on
my iPhone. The Due Date again was correct, but the Start Date was
12/31/1970.

So completing the recurring task on the iPhone was handled correctly,
but syncing with the Cloud changed the Start Date to really strange
dates that were different between the iPhone and the Desktop.

I tried to duplicate this with a new recurring task, but the start
date was not changed by syncing with the Cloud, so I wasn't able to
reproduce the problem.

So it doesn't happen every time, but it happens often enough that the
start date of a recurring task is changed after syncing with the
Cloud.

Ron