Oh I'd second that! Lisa is a real wealth of good hints, ideas and advice when it comes to this program :)
Gary, I am in the same spot as you. I fear there is no such guide and I could also use some more "hands-on" hints with the program. I for one am not even familiar with GTD at all, so most of the time it feels like reading a book backwards, so to speak.

On the homepage there is a link to a wiki that seems to be taken down unfortunately; I am keeping an eye on the link to see wether it comes up again.
And what else helped me a bit was reading some of the reviews from other people as they sometimes mention what they struggled with in the beginning and how they set up their lists now with the program. You can find it some of those reviews on the homepage under "what other people say" I guess.

Regards,
Brienne