I quite often find myself having accidentally done things like set the 'Hide
the branch in To-Do' flag (I think because I use hotkeys a lot and
accidentally hit the wrong key - in this case Alt+E) which then have
negative effects (tasks disappearing from To Do lists).   Another example is
accidentally clicking the star.

An increasing number of programs display a message at the top of the screen
in a bubble that fades in and fades out telling you what you have just done.
So you don't have to dismiss it but I think it would help avoid the negative
effects that can occur with these sort  of change.

And I think it would help beginners too.    A more advanced option would
allow the users to click on the message which would give them an explanation
of what it is that they have just done.

Richard

Richard Collings

Information Systems Consultant