Yes, exactly that, except that you have to check each time you change the
date that lock period is set. It seems to be set to the last use of the
lock period checkmark -- it is more of a tool/setting on the UI "lock the
interval while I change dates", than a setting on each task.  Personally, I
would like it to move into being a task property instead, but I'm not sure
how that would mess up existing users.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 6:00 AM, Michael Emerald, CFA <
westpointu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all.****
>
> ** **
>
> Ideally, I’d like to specify either the start date, or else the due date,
> yet have the leadtime remain unchanged.  Examples: I want to prepare for a
> client meeting as late as 1 hour before the meeting.  I’d like to set the
> due date 1 hour before the meeting, yet have the lead time remain at 1
> hour.  So, I’d change the due date.****
>
> ** **
>
> Exampe 2:  I need to publish an equity analyst report, but can’t do it
> until after the meeting is finished.  Yet, I want to allow myself a week to
> write it.  So, I’d change the start date.****
>
> ** **
>
> Does “lock period” do this?****
>
> ** **