There are two big advantages of tabs over views (for me):

   1. I can create tabs for my current areas that I am currrently focusing
   on (eg I have one at the moment  called 'Xmas' ) and can zoom/make
   customised temporary views (eg select a particular context - my Xmas tab
   selects all the tasks in the All Tasks view which have an @Xmas context) in
   that tab to show the task relevant to that focus area (and without needing
   to create a new view).
   2. One can work in these 'focus area' tabs (eg add new tasks,  change
   existing tasks, etc) withouth losing ones place in the main ToDo tab (which
   is where I mainly work).

Bear in mind that the models for One Note and MLO are very different (with
One Note, a piece of information just appears in one tab;  in MLO a piece
of information can appear in any tab based on the filtering for that tab -
so you can see the same task in several different contexts).

Richard