Lisa - I live in your world. I've currently got ~30 tabs open in my browser
and that's down a few.

Some tricks:

   1. Anything I want to read and evaluate later goes in Instapaper -
   coupled with a good app on your phone or IPad you can read this articles
   offline (i.e. on a long plane flight). Caveat my article queue is closing
   in on 300 (a mix of Agile and Neuroscience). Once read and digested
   anything I want to keep is copied to Evernote - many Instapaper apps have a
   share function to copy the contents to Evernote
   2. Everything to save right away just goes straight to Evernote with
   their browser plugins (Clip to Evernote; and Clearly)
   3. Bookmarks for anything I might want to reference again later as an
   evolving webpage i.e. JUnit docs
   4. A good undo close tab buffer - I use "Sexy Undo Closed Tabs" for
   Chrome - I've got the buffer set to 5000 tabs.

Even then I occasionally lose things and that drives me nuts :-)

Good Luck
Mark - a human

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Michael Ausbrook <mka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Two possibilities.
>
> 1) Create a "Followup" bookmark folder at one end of your bookmark bar.
> Then just drag the addresses into that.
>
> 2) Keep Evernote for reference; use Pocket for followup / return to
> things. It has a nice extension that sits next to the address window in
> Chrome. One click, and the current tab goes into Pocket. It's really good
> for read later stuff; and perfectly good for follow-up stuff. Nice app too
> for Android and, I suppose iPhone. It creates another bucket, but if you
> don't want to use Evernote, another bucket is what you're looking for.
>
> -M
>
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 7:30 PM, Lisa Stroyan <lstro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am wondering how other people deal with lots of random open tabs in
>> their browsers that you don't want to lose and yet aren't quite a "task".
>> My chrome tabs seem to multiply rapidly and I need to clean them out
>> without "losing" them. There are interesting articles from Facebook, search
>> results. I won't remember to go back to them, but they aren't precisely
>> tasks either. I don't want to put them in Evernote (or maybe I do?) because
>> I usually only keep reference info in Evernote and only look at it when I
>> need the info.
>>
>> I suppose I could track them in MLO anyway by sending them over email to
>> the task-by-email service...
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> --
>> Lisa