Thanks... but no matter how long I wait, the tablet sync continues to fail
no matter what I try on the PC and the only option available on the Android
side is to pair (just like it was the first time).  When I pair it to the
new address, the PC immediately put out the message that if there is any
data on the tablet it will be 'merged' with the PC.

I inserted another router and configured a static address for the PC until
I can expieriment a little more but I don't really want to maintain a
special network to make this one application work correctly.  It would be
great if the PIN or some other code allowed the two to recognize each other
instead of relying on the IP address.