There are lots of situations where I want MLO open (to add new tasks,
review what's there) but I don't want to see any reminders.  For example:

   - when doing presentations/workshops
   - when trying to focus on something
   - when talking to somebody on the phone
   - when I switch on my computer for the first time having been away for a
   while and don't want to be bombarded with 20 reminders.

So a an extra drop down like the 'Remind again in' drop down but headed
'Switch off reminders for:' in the Reminders window would be incredibly
useful.

As there are some reminders which I might not want to have switched off:
'Get ready to leave to catch train at 6pm' and an additional 'Always
display reminder' (or some such wording) next to the reminder tick box
would be a useful additional feature

I have created a UserVoice posting for it (but is this still being used):
http://mlo.uservoice.com/forums/9235-general/suggestions/3877536-allow-reminders-to-be-switched-off-for-a-set-perio

Richard