Hi, Pawel.

I have the same results as you regarding Lock Period. I would agree with you
that this is a bug, so you should report it to supp...@mylifeorganized.net

My understanding of "Lock period" is that it does not lock start and due but
rather lead time. If you create a simple (nonrecurring) task that starts
today at 17:00 and is due at 23:00 and then turn on the lock period, it does
not prevent you from changing start time or due time but it does protect
lead time. If you change start time to 15:00 due time will automatically
change to 21:00. If you change due time to 22:00 start time will
automatically change to 16:00. So, by asking for recurrence one day after
task is completed with lock period on I think you are asking for a recurred
task to be created with due time = 24 hours after Completion Date & Time of
the prior task, with lead time locked at 6 hours, and the start time will
compute itself. It looks like that is what you are getting, so I think it's
working.

If I wanted a task set for 17:00 through 23:00 of every day I would not
choose "regenerate 1 day after completed" I would choose "Every 1 day". The
difference between these two is what happens if you miss a day. In both
cases, after 2300 of the day when you missed it, the task will show as
overdue. But when you do the task the following day (assuming you completed
it at exactly 2300) the 1-day-after variant will regenerate for tomorrow
where the every-day variant will regenerate for today, already overdue. I
think what you want is a recurrence scheme where the date is determined by
1-day-after but the time is determined by every-day. Perhaps there's a way
to do that but I don't know it.

I would recommend using every-day. If you miss a day, the next day you can
click the completed box twice. If you miss 23 days instead of clicking
completed 24 times you can right-click on the task, select "skip occurrence"
and then select "skip all occurrences up to today" then click once more to
say that it's done for

today.

-Dwight