I am strongly in favour of doing something but I am afraid I am not keen on
this idea of having some sort of context hierarchy. (if I have understood
the proposition correctly - I have limited time to read all the
postings).     I would argue strongly in favour of my Context List based
approach - see here for details:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mylifeorganized/tLufHVry73g/vny44wRU2B4J

or something similar where you can defined an ordered set of mutually
exclusive contexts which then form the grouping.  When you assign something
to one of these contexts, it automatically removes any other contexts in
the group.

This gives you a 'quasi-list' capability which could be further enhanced by
laying an optional Trello like interface on top so that you can drag and
drop tasks between diferent named lists.

I have a very powerful argument in favour of this approach - it is the
word:  KANBAN.

This is very much 'flavour of the year' (or years) and would allow MLO to
be targeted at the KANBAN community - which has a major and growing
following.   "The only product that allows you do GtD and Kanban at the
same time"    "The only product that allows you to build outlines and do
KANBAN at the same time"  - the possibilities are endless.

I rest my case,  m'Lud  (see here for explanation of this phrase:
http://www.englishforums.com/English/WhatsIRestMyCaseSMeaning/vkkrr/post.htm)

Richard

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/74ea2f14-e0a7-436c-b4c2-a318e9abbd08%40googlegroups.com.