Hello Robert,

Here are my opinions:

1) The current iPad version will cover what you want to do. However, if your
task list grows or you want to use any other functionality, then the iPhone
version runs rings around it. For me (with many more than 200 items in my
outline), the search function in the iPhone version is absolutely essential.
There are lots of other excellent features (like 'move' and the wonderful Magic
Navigation button) which also make it the current version of choice for all iOS
devices.

2) I'm one of them. Even if I didn't have a (company-issued) iPhone, I'd be
choosing the iPhone v2 over the iPad v1.

3) Andrey will have to answer whether iPad v2 would detect iPhone v2 already
installed and offer you a discount. I suspect that it wouldn't, though.

4) Another one for Andrey. I don't know how much work there is in porting the
new iPhone v2 over to the iPad screen.

If it's any help, my logic was that iPad v1 turned out to be unusable with a
large outline and I wanted to start using the iPhone v2 functionality straight
away. I decided that a $10 hit didn't amount to much when spread over several
weeks, especially when ofsetting against it the productivity benefits.

Of course, the new iPad version may only be a few weeks away, especially for
beta testers, in which case you might kick yourself if you went ahead and
bought the iPhone version…

Stéphane - MLO Fanboy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/58738787-5042-4580-bed1-a5f3381a16c1%40googlegroups.com.