Good question Don. I had the same thoughts when I started. I chose MLO to
support my GTD 'habit' and chose the GTD but, even now, I'm not sure how
much of my configuration is based on the template, how much is native MLO
and how much is my configuration..

I followed some guidance on this forum from someone whou used the goals and
stars to identify a time scale / priority for instance.

My system is a bit of each I suppose. It's not ideal, and I need to
simplify I think. I'd almost like to start again so that I could understand
my set up better!

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving MLO and it works well for me. I just think
I've messed around with it too much and confused myself!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/8b5ad41f-7b10-4f0a-a657-b8e40fde7879%40googlegroups.com.