Hi, Sylvia. You have picked a great tool in MLO. One of the great things
about this tool is that it supports many different methodologies for task
management, and even allows you to invent your own methodology or to modify
an existing methodology to match up with how you are most comfortable
working. All of this flexibility can be intimidating for a newcomer, so I
would recommend starting out by learning an existing methodology. Then, if
something about the methodology seems burdensome or restrictive, you can
adjust it to suit your needs.

The methodology I would recommend is called Getting Things Done (GTD) and
was developed by David Allen. He teaches courses and offers consulting but
most people can learn what they need buy buying his book "Getting Things
Done: the art of stress-free productivity" or borrowing it from your
library. Allen describes his methodology in terms of capturing tasks on
cards or pieces of paper, MLO lets you do that on your phone or computer
but otherwise it's pretty easy to see how to use MLO to accomplish the
steps laid out in the book.
-Dwight

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/2287828c-eb27-4cdf-800f-43ad49f933d9%40googlegroups.com.