I struggle with this all the time. I don't think there is an obvious
answer.

One option is to use "recur x intervals after completion" (e.g.recur one
month after this is completed) for any tasks that could work that way, then
you can change the start date in recurrence options. Your only choice
otherwise might be ctrl-d to duplicate, remove recurrence, change start
date. It's a pain especially with a task tree.hopefully someone has
something better.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAJYFk%2B2Fnkf7UFXVVJahFzXMeuF_eW8B9othJnKuMOdR6P2AQw%40mail.gmail.com.