Hello Damian,

I've been trying out Timeful on my iPhone.  I'm also a beta tester for MLO,
so I've been playing with the timeline / calendar view in the iOS beta.

Timeful has some benefits - You can defer tasks with a single tap and it
will reschedule them within the timeframe you've set for them. Incomplete
tasks get carried forward and rescheduled. You can define "habits"
(repeating tasks in MLO) and set how many times you're aiming to put them
into practice each week. Items are sync'd with your calendar and you can
even see a "tick" character in your iOS calendar when you check them off in
Timeful. However, there's a lot it lacks, which makes it's suggested times
for tasks generally wrong. For example, it has no way of taking account of
your context (location) and allowing any time for travel - tasks are just
placed immediately into any clear spaces in your calendar, running in
immediately from any appointments you have.

I still find Timeful useful for scheduling timeslots in for important
tasks, though I could easily do that by setting appointments straight into
my calendar.

MLO's upcoming calendar view / timeline view / today view is going to be
really useful.  I find myself working in that view a lot of the time. It
gives me a count of appointments and tasks, though it doesn't take account
of the duration of each event or task.  However, having them all in view
and having a total count makes it much easier to see which days are likely
to be overloaded.  For me, a total of 8 items (2 per 1/4-day) is an
indicator of a busy day and 16 events + tasks scheduled for one day is a
warning of overload.

I'll still schedule appointments in my calendar (or Timeful) for any big
tasks or projects I want to progress, but otherwise the upcoming view makes
a big difference to my management of my tasks.

Stéphane

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/6d64188e-ca11-4e5e-bf80-634f609e38d8%40googlegroups.com.