That's strange. My experience has been that the sync has been  consistently
reliable, better than most apps in my experience. ( I'm referring to the
cloud sync and haven't  used Wi-Fi sync). Perhaps I have a more standard
device and than you do?

Are you creating a new cloud file when you wipe your install?

Also, think about your system parameters. Is there anything that could be
interfering? For example, last week I had what I thought was a MLO data
corruption bug. Suddenly all my tasks would be 109 days out of date . This
had happened once before and I thought I had tracked it down . After
writing up a big bug report, I discovered that syncplicity was overwriting
it with an old version that hadn't been updated for 109 days, which happens
to be when I got my new laptop. It wasn't MLO at all.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/CAJYFk%2B2XF9%3DS8-y4FWF%2BZLKNaBxUhWA0iJ1yxvAJOja7PcRZRA%40mail.gmail.com.