Generally, I only put things in the inbox if I am trying to be fast and
will resolve the actual placement later (typically after syncing to my
computer).  Otherwise, I navigate to my folder structure and insert.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/33921afa-bf6c-4ea9-9aaf-7274d6318e5b%40googlegroups.com.