> If you think you may have changed the All tasks view, create a new
workspace and experiment in the new one for a while.
Confused - Do you mean create a new tab at the top of the page or start
again with completely new data?

OK I have selected all items and unticked the "Complete subtasks in order"

I have also removed all Urgency & Importance settings by doing the
following:
Tools> Options > To-do ordering options > "Reset all tasks to normal
importance and urgency..."

I have then started with the "All Tasks" view and I have then followed your
instructions, and saved a new view.
And what I now have on screen is:
Yes - one Next Action per project
Yes - I can see the Importance and Urgency of both Projects and Actions
within the view
Yes - when I tick of all Actions for a project it does not disappear
(although it does get a diagonal stripy background)

However:
a) Whatever I do to the Importance & Urgency to either Projects and/or
Actions does not change their sort order.

b) In fact I'm not at all sure what that Computed-Score sort order is
doing. Whether I put it Ascending or Descending seems to make no difference
to the sort order on the page. IN FACT if I remove the sort completely it
is clear that all it is doing is turning my list of folders the other way
up.

c) The truth is that I do not WANT my list of folders to appear in this
screen.

d) Either way, even within a folder the projects are failing to be ranked
in order of Importand and Urgency.

Oh dear, maybe I am doing something wrong. Do I need to start again with
new data?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/7f85899e-1ba2-4f26-8137-fccc67ae30fe%40googlegroups.com.