New members are only moderated until it's obvious they are not trolling and
someone gets around to manually unmoderating them as it's not supported
through the email system (or in the very rare case that a moderator feels a
discussion is getting too personal or vitriolic).  That usually takes time.

One note: 95% of the attention on this list is by users; it's much more of
a peer support group than a customer input mechanism. You might want to
adjust your vinegar to honey ratio accordingly...

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 4:31 AM, John Smith <ship...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can anyone tell me whether it is technically possible on Google Groups
> (assuming we must stay using it) to have our posts be visible immediately?
> And if so is it technically possible that we can EDIT our forum
> contributions. (As can be done on most modern forums including David
> Allen's official one here: http://gettingthingsdone.com/forum/,
> http://forum.gtdnext.com/ etc)
>
> I don't mind (much!) having my posts moderated and removed afterwards if
> they are in any way inappropriate. But I am trying hard to help, believe
> me. And having a "stop-start" discussion on any topic where you can't even
> see what you said yourself for 24 hour is deeply frustrating.
>
> If we get junkmail and/or trolling surely it is better to remove those
> post afterwards rather than have all of us unable to have a fast-flowing
> conversation.
>
> So, if it is technically possible, MLO, please, please, PLEASE can you
> change the settings so that we can see our posts immediately and not 24
> hours later.
>
> Thanx

>  --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/971bd30a-c528-452b-b4fe-564a49529a41%40googlegroups.com